Second Annual “Responsible Research in Management” Award
Co-Sponsored by the
Community for Responsible Research in Business and Management and
Call for nominations
Submission dealine : November 24, 2018
Responsible research is defined as studies that produce both credible and useful knowledge. Credibility refers to the reliability and validity or trustworthiness of the findings, in either inductive or deductive work, using either qualitative or quantitative data, or both. Usefulness refers to the potential of the knowledge to inform policies and practices. The purpose of responsible research is to encourage methodologically rigorous and societally beneficial studies contributing knowledge with the potential to make the world a better place. We call for nominations of published work that exemplifies the principles of responsible research.
The International Association for Chinese Management Research (IACMR) is a scholarly association dedicated to advancing research and practice in Chinese management. Founded in 2002, the IACMR holds a biennial conference and publishes a scholarly journal Management and Organization Research (Cambridge University Press) and a Chinese language magazine Management Insight (jointly with Fudan University, China).
A Committee of Academic and Executive Reviewers
A strong team of academics and executives will assess the nominations. The Committee comprises over 30 accomplished scholars, including Fellows of professional associations (such as the AoM, British AoM, EURAM, andSIOP) and more than ten senior executives from leading organizations (such as Alibaba, Citigroup, Intel, PepsiCo). The academic members assess the nominations for both credibility and usefulness while the executive members focus on the potential usefulness of the research findings to inform societally beneficial management or business practice.
Discover the list of the Award Review Committee members.
- Award-winning papers will be recognized and be featured on both RRBM and IACMR websites.
- Award winners will receive a certificate of recognition from the joint sponsors and a recognition letter jointly signed by RRBM and IACMR will be sent to the relevant deans and department heads.
- The list will be publicized via listservs of management associations, and other forms of public or social media platforms.
- The award winners will be given the opportunity to have their articles translated into Chinese and published in China in an edited book.
- Selected winners will be invited to present their work at the IACMR meeting (to be held at the Academy of Management meeting location) on August 10 or 11, 2019 in Boston.
We accept nominations or self-nominations of empirical research articles or research books, in the English language and published in the recent five years, that meet the following criteria:
- Research that exemplifies the Seven Principles of Responsible Research.
- The research can be on any level of analysis (individual, team, organization, society), for any kind oforganization (business, non-profit, government, ) and focus on any region of the world.
- The article should be published (or accepted) in a refereed journal, or book by a university or academic press, such as Harvard, Stanford, Oxford, Wiley, Sage, Routledge, etc., during 2014 to 2018.
- A PDF copy of the article or the book, a pre-print or finalized manuscript for in press article or book.
- A cover letter that describes why this work (research article or book) deserves to be consideredfor the Award, in two single-spaced pages or no more than 1000 words. If possible, provide: a) evidence on the “usefulness” of the research, e.g., how it has made a positive impact on practice or society, and b) information on how this work has been disseminated to stakeholders beyond the academic community.
- Include the nominee’s current affiliation and contact information (phone and email address), as well as nominator’s name, affiliation and contact information in the cover letter.
- Submit nomination materials (PDF of work and cover letter) to awards[at]rrbm.network by November 24, 2018.
- The decision of the award will be announced on or before March 15, 2019.
- Please contact Anne Tsui at atsui[at]nd.edu for any inquiry about the award or nomination procedure.
For the list of 2017 Awards winners, click here.