2021 M&SOM Society Award for
Responsible Research in Operations Management
The purpose of responsible research is to encourage studies contributing knowledge that may have implications for making the world a better place by informing evidence-based, high quality and societally beneficial organizational practices across business, government and non-government organizations.
- Zeynep Aksin Karaesmen
- Ravi Anupindi
- Feryal Erhun (Chair)
- Ravi Subramanian
- Yanchong Karen Zheng
- Timing It Right: Balancing Inpatient Congestion vs. Readmission Risk at Discharge, by Pengyi Shi, Jonathan Helm, Jivan Deglise–Hawkinson, and Julian Panc, Operations Research, doi: 10.1287/opre.2020.2044
- Doing Less to Do More? Optimal Service Portfolio of Non–profits that Serve Distressed Individuals, by Priyank Arora, Morvarid Rahmani, and Karthik Ramachandran, M&SOM (forthcoming).
- An Examination of Early Transfers to the ICU Based on a Physiologic Risk Score, by Wenqi Hu, Carri Chan, José Zubizarreta, Gabriel Escobar, 2018, M&SOM, 20(3):531–549.
- How Scheduling Can Bias Quality Assessment: Evidence from Food–Safety Inspections, Maria Ibanez and Michael Toffel, 2020, Management Science, 66(6): 2396–2416.
- Nudging Drivers to Safety: Evidence from a Field Experiment, by Vivek Choudhary, Masha Shunko, Serguei Netessine, Seongjoon Koo, Management Science (forthcoming).