2022 AMA-EBSCO Annual Award for Responsible Research in Marketing Winners
The award honors outstanding research that produces both credible and useful knowledge that can be applied to benefit society. Nominated works needed to be published within a specific window of time and exemplify the Seven Principles of Responsible Research which supports the general notion of “better marketing for a better world.”
Funded via support from the AMA and EBSCO, the award is cosponsored by the Sheth Foundation and presented in cooperation with the Community for Responsible Research in Business and Management (RRBM). The winners include:
- Karen Page Winterich, Gergana Y. Nenkov, and Gabriel E. Gonzales, “Knowing What It Makes: How Product Transformation Salience Increases Recycling” | Journal of Marketing
- Guillaume D. Johnson, Kevin D. Thomas, Anthony Kwame Harrison, and Sonya A. Grier, Race in the Marketplace | Palgrave Macmillan, 2019
- Adrian F. Ward, Kristen Duke, Ayelet Gneezy, and Maarten W. Bos, “Brain Drain: The Mere Presence of One’s Own Smartphone Reduces Available Cognitive Capacity” | Journal of the Association for Consumer Research
- Adrian R. Camilleri, Richard P. Larrick, Shajuti Hossain, and Dalia Patino-Echeverri, “Consumers underestimate the emissions associated with food but are aided by labels” | Nature Climate Change
- Katherine White, Rishad Habib, and David J. Hardisty, “How to SHIFT Consumer Behaviors to be More Sustainable: A Literature Review and Guiding Framework” | Journal of Marketing
- Martin Mende, Linda Court Salisbury, Gergana Y. Nenkov, and Maura L. Scott, “Improving Financial Inclusion through Communal Financial Orientation: How Financial Service Providers Can Better Engage Consumers in Banking Deserts” | Journal of Consumer Psychology
- Bingqing (Miranda) Yin, Yexin Jessica Li, and Surendra Singh, “Coins are Cold and Cards are Caring: The Effect of Pre-giving Incentives on Charity Perceptions, Relationship Norms and Donation Behavior” | Journal of Marketing
- Lucie K. Ozanne and Julie L. Ozanne, “How Alternative Consumer Markets Can Build Community Resiliency” | European Journal of Marketing
- Melissa G. Bublitz, Jonathan Hansen, Laura A. Peracchio, and Sherrie Tussler, “Hunger and Food Well-Being: Advancing Research and Practice” | Journal of Public Policy & Marketing
- Yixing Chen, Ju-Yeon Lee, Shrihari (Hari) Sridhar, Vikas Mittal, Katharine McCallister, and Amit G. Singal, “Improving Cancer Outreach Effectiveness Through Targeting and Economic Assessments: Insights from a Randomized Field Experiment” | Journal of Marketing
- Christopher L. Newman, Scot Burton, J. Craig Andrews, Richard G. Netemeyer, and Jeremy Kees, “Marketers’ Use of Alternative Front-of-package Nutrition Symbols: An Examination of Effects on Product Evaluations” | Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science
- Alexa K. Fox and Mariea Grubbs Hoy, “Smart Devices, Smart Decisions? Implications of Parents’ Sharenting for Children’s Online Privacy: An Investigation of Mothers” | Journal of Public Policy & Marketing
About the American Marketing Association (AMA)
As the largest chapter-based marketing association in the world, the AMA is trusted by marketing and sales professionals to help them discover what’s coming next in the industry. The AMA has a community of local chapters in more than 70 cities and 350 college campuses throughout North America. The AMA is home to award-winning content, PCM® professional certification, premiere academic journals, and industry-leading training events and conferences.
About the Sheth Foundation
Founded by Dr. Jagdish & Madhu Sheth, the Sheth Foundation supports the academic scholarship, publications, education and research of tax-exempt, publicly-supported educational organizations, primarily focusing on the discipline of marketing, by providing support to grant awarding Recipient Organizations.
About Responsible Research in Business and Management (RRBM)
Responsible Research for Business and Management (RRBM) is dedicated to inspiring, encouraging, and supporting credible and useful research in the business and management disciplines.