Advancing Sustainable Supply Chains
Speakers: Veronica H. Villena (Arizona State) and Denny Gioia (Penn State)
Time: Wednesday, 30th of November at 9am (Pacific) / 12pm (Eastern) / 5pm (London). This webinar is scheduled for 90 minutes (incl. Q&A).
Registration: Please register here to receive a personalized Zoom link and a reminder prior to the event.
This webinar will explore an exemplar responsible research based on an inductive study with three leading sustainable multinational corporations (MNCs) and a subset of their tier-one suppliers and lower-tier suppliers and complemented that information with data on several non-governmental and industry organizations.
• Villena, V.H. & Gioia, D. 2018. On the riskiness of lower-tier suppliers: Managing sustainability in supply networks. Journal of Operations Management, 64: 65–87.
• Wilhelm, M.M., & Villena, V.H. 2021. Cascading sustainability in multi-tier supply chains: When do Chinese suppliers adopt sustainable procurement practices? Production and Operations Management, 30 (11): 4198-4218.
• Kim, Y. H., & Davis, G. F. 2016. Challenges for global supply chain sustainability: Evidence from conflict minerals reports. Academy of Management Journal, 59(6), 1896-1916.
– Veronica H. Villena is an Associate Professor of Supply Chain Management at Arizona State University.
– Denny Gioia is a Distinguished University Professor of Management Emeritus in the Smeal College of Business at Penn State.
This webinar is organized by Responsible Research in Business and Management (www.rrbm.network).
Queries: Please contact Ibrat Djabbarov i.djabbarov[at]cranfield.ac.uk