How to Do Relevant Research – part 2:
Navigating the Networked Value Stream of Organizational and Management Research
Speakers: Dr. Susan Albers Mohrman, Prof John Boudreau and Prof Christopher G. Worley
The eco-system of organizational knowledge is an expansive, diverse, and dynamic network of actors and activities. Organizational researchers who aspire to have a positive impact on practice face the demanding task of locating their work in space and time, taking into account the coevolution of many forces that are shaping organizations and the arc of time. Knowledge advances and becomes integrated into practice through networks of people and activity. This webinar will include case examples of research programs that have navigated the dynamic knowledge eco-system and made strong contributions to practice over time.
Time: Thursday, 14th October at 7am (Pacific) / 10am (Eastern) / 3pm (London) / 7.30pm (Delhi). This webinar is scheduled for 90 minutes (including Q&A).
Registration: Please register here to receive a personalized Zoom link.
- Mirvis, P.H., Mohrman, S.A., & Worley, C.G. (forthcoming, October, 2021). How to do Relevant Research: From the Ivory Tower to the Real World. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Bartunek, J. & McKenzie, J. (Eds.) (2017) Academic practitioner research partnerships: Developments, complexities and opportunitie London: Routledge Press Organizational Change and Development Series
- Mirvis, P.H. (2008). Academic-practitioner learning forums: A new model for interorganizational research. In Shani, A.B., Mohrman, S.A., Pasmore, W.A., Stymne, B.N. & Adler, N. (Eds.), (2008). Handbook of collaborative management research (pp. 201-224). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Aguinis, H., Cummings, C., Ramani, R. S., & Cummings, T. G. (2020). “An A is an A”: The new bottom line for valuing academic research. Academy of Management Perspectives, 34(1), 135-154
- Mohrman, S., Gibson, C., & Mohrman Jr, A. (2001). Doing research that is useful to practice: A model and empirical exploration. Academy of Management Journal, 44(2), 357-375.
- Susan Albers Mohrman (Senior Research Scientist, University of Southern California)
- John Boudreau (Senior Research Scientist and Professor Emeritus, University of Southern California)
- Christopher G. Worley (Research Professor of Management, Pepperdine University)
This event is supported by Responsible Research in Business and Management (www.rrbm.network).
For queries, please contact Ibrat Djabbarov i.djabbarov[at]cranfield.ac.uk