Speaker: Prof. Agnieszka (Aggie) Chidlow (Birmingham)
Time: Thursday, 3rd of November 2022 at 11am (Eastern) / 3pm (London) / 8.30pm (Delhi). This webinar is scheduled for 90 minutes (incl. Q&A).
Registration: Please register here to receive a personalized Zoom link and a reminder prior to the event.
Recent years have featured unprecedented growth in the volume and availability of data from diverse national contexts, offering novel opportunities for innovative scholarship. Thus, the aim of the seminar is to stimulate an active discussion about the art of theorising in scientific inquiry by examining methodological fit that focuses on the interplay between theory, research design, data and analytical technique in international business studies in order to ensure responsible scholarship.
• Chidlow, A., Plakoyiannaki, E., & Welsh, C. (2014) Translation in Cross-Language International Business Research: Beyond Equivalence, Journal of International Business Studies, 45(5): 562-582.
• Cuervo-Cazurra., A., Andersson, U., Brannen, M.Y., Nielsen, B. B., & Reuber, A. R., (2016). Frome the Editors: Can I trust your findings? Ruling out alternative explanations in international business research. Journal of International Business Studies, 47: 881-897.
• Edmondson, A., & McManus, S. (2007) Methodological fit in management field research. Academy of Management Review, 32(4): 1155–1179.
• Knight, G., Chidlow, A., & Minbaeva, D. (2022) Methodological Fit for Empirical Research in International Business: A Contingency Framework. Journal of International Business Studies, 53(1): 39-52.
• Miller, S. R, Welch, C., Chidlow, A., Nielsen, B.B., Pegoraro, D., & Karafyllia, M. (2021) The Adoption Challenge: An Analysis of Research Methods in JIBS. AIB Insights, 21(2): 1-10.
About the speaker: Agnieszka (Aggie) Chidlow is Professor of International Business at the University of Birmingham in the UK.
Queries: Please contact Ibrat Djabbarov i.djabbarov[at]cranfield.ac.uk.