“Responsible Research in Management Award”
2020 Winners Webinar Series
Third Webinar: December 11, 2020, Friday, 11am-1pm AZ; 1-3 pm NY time; 6-8 pm UK
If you want to learn how to conduct award-winning research that can also potentially change the world for the better, this webinar series is for you!
The IACMR-RRBM award recognizes excellent scholarship that focuses on important issues for business and for society. This three-part webinar series features the 2020 winners’ inspiring research journeys. The first was held on August 6, with commentaries by Professor Jeffrey Pfeffer, a video recording of which can be found at YouTube or Youku (for mainland China). The second was held on October 6 with Professor Jerry Davis of the University of Michigan as a discussant – the video recording of which can be viewed on YouTube or Youku (for those in Mainland China).
The third and final webinar of this series took place on December 11 and told the stories of the following publications:
- Gray, B., & Purdy, J. (2018). Collaborating for our future: Multistakeholder partnerships for solving complex problems. Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press.
- Robert Sroufe. (2018). Integrated Management: How Sustainability Creates Value for Any Business. Bingley, UK: Emerald Publishing Limited
- Thomas, H., & Hedrick-Wong, Y. (2019). Inclusive Growth: The Global Challenges of Social Inequality and Financial Inclusion. Bingley, UK: Emerald Group Publishing.
- Wry, T., & Zhao, E. Y. (2018). Taking trade-offs seriously: Examining the contextually contingent relationship between social outreach intensity and financial sustainability in global microfinance. Organization Science, 29(3), 507-528. DOI: 10.1287/orsc.2017.1188
- Whiteman, G., & Cooper, W. H. (2016). Decoupling rape. Academy of Management Discoveries, 2(2), 115-154. DOI: 10.5465/amd.2014.0064
The event was hosted by Professor Peter McKiernan, Professor of Management at the University of Strathclyde, Scotland and the discussant was Professor Kim Cameron, William Russell Professor of Management & Organizations, Ross School of Business and Professor of Higher Education, School of Education, University of Michigan.